Little Blessings

God's been giving me quite a few little blessings these past few days. And the beauty of it all is that really some of these things aren't that little; they're kind of a big deal.

Thursday and Friday I was able to make some purchases for the next year. So many small yet stressful things got crossed off of my to-do list!

On Friday night, I agreed to go on a motorcycle ride with my parents' friend. I thought it would be super short. I wasn't offered a helmet, but I went anyway. It ended up being a longer ride as we took the highway out to the lake and kept going. I felt so foolish. I am one of those people who gets nervous for motorcyclists without helmets on the highway and interstate. It's so risky; worst-case scenarios play through my head like the latest movie. And on Friday, I took that risk. I cringed when I saw the speedometer climb past 50 and dance around 60. I definitely sat there completely tense. I also spent a good portion of the ride repenting for my foolishness. When I wasn't repenting, I was praying for safety. And God kept us safe. It's a little blessing that leads to bigger things.

After that little gamble, I was able to go babysit my cousins with my grandma. I love these kids. They give me so much joy. It was nice to take a break from the stresses of life and play with and enjoy these gems.


In addition to fun with little girls, I am now at 80% of my goal raised for next year! God is so gracious. So, so stinkin' gracious. I most definitely do not deserve such blessings. I am so close to booking my first plane ticket! I am excited to see how God meets the rest of my needs (financially, emotionally, relationally, physically, and spiritually) this next year. 

This morning, I was driving to church, and I just really missed Ghana. It wasn't a "my life is about to end" experience (which is also a blessing). It was simply a "right now would be a nice time to be in Ghana" moment. I wanted the taxi rides; I wanted the smells; I wanted the church experience; I wanted my teammates; I wanted our Ghanaian friends. I especially wanted to hear dear Marvin yell, "JESUS IS LORD!!!" I didn't get any of those things today. But I did get to listen to the worship leader at church share about his recent trip to Zambia and ask the entire congregation to scream "JESUS IS LORD!!!" three times. What a beautiful blessing.

None of the things in this blog are huge, crazy things. They're all just small ways that God's been showing me his love. He cares about the little things, and I am trying to as well.

In addition to all of those little blessings, I'm continuing to be showered with the "usual" blessings of good friends, good conversations, good coffee, good music, and more. 

What little blessings have you been experiencing lately?

1 comment:

  1. Just enjoyed reading your comments, so happy that things are going good for you. Vern & I love what you are doing will be praying that your needs will be met. You have a calling from God, embrace it and live it.
    Love you so much,
    Sandy & Vern

    ReplyDelete