I Am Adequate #35DayChallenge

Today is day three of Athletes in Action and Cru's 35 Day Challenge. It's a simple challenge really. (I love simple challenges!) Every day AIA and Cru share a new image and truth on Facebook and Twitter with a specific challenge. If you want check it out go to Twitter and find @crutweets or check out Athletes in Action or Cru on Facebook. Do it; you know you want to.

This is today's image:

"I am adequate." It's such a simple statement. 

Today's challenge is to "Write on your blog or post your thoughts on today's statement and verse." Now this post makes sense, right? Confession: I didn't do day one or two, but I do like the images, statements, and verses. I just can't stick a verse in my car yet and didn't feel like memorizing (I know the second reason is a lame excuse...). I like to blog though so this one is easy-peasy. 

I read the simple statement "I am adequate" and immediately think, "Yeah, right. What a joke." I focus on my inadequacies and short-comings instead. My response of unbelief makes me want to know the source of the statement.

"I am adequate" comes from 2 Corinthians 3:5-6:
It is not that we think we are qualified to do anything on our own. Our qualification comes from God. He has enabled us to be ministers of his new covenant. This is a covenant not of written laws, but of the Spirit. The old written covenant ends in death; but under the new covenant, the Spirit gives life.
Aha! That makes sense. I can dig that. Yep. I'm not adequate because I'm Kayla. I'm adequate because of who God is. God has made me adequate. Such beautiful truth. I need to continue to remind myself of it. 

I have a feeling this 35 Day Challenge will remind me of lots of good truth. I'll try and follow through on the next 32 challenges. Want to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment