Home

I have called so many places home over the last four years. But for the next ten months, I have one home. It's in Kumasi. I am very thankful for this new home. I would love to give all of you an actual tour, but since that can't happen, here is my photo tour. Welcome to my new home!

 
The ladies live to the left. The men live to the right. Our two pink houses are attached to each other and hide behind a large gate and fence. It's a winner.
 
 
This is just outside our house. Our main door is a sliding door. It's pretty nifty.
 
 
After entering the house, you immediately see our living room. (Please note the barred windows. All of our windows have bars. We will be very safe here.) We are so blessed to have furniture. Someday, this room may be split in half and serve as our living room and dining room. We just need a dining table and chairs first.
 
And now if we turn to the left, the first left is my bathroom. The hand soap, hand towel rack, and hand towel are new additions. I really like them.
 
 
And here is my shower. The bucket comes in handy when the water's not running. That currently happens a lot, but the plumber is a wonderful man and is working on fixing that for us.
 
 
Now for the best part of the tour... my room! If we exit the bathroom and take two steps to the left, we see this:
 
 
I am truly blessed. My room is a beautiful blue color. And my floor is beautifully tiled. Seriously, so blessed.
 


 

And this is my bed! Space saver bags allowed me to bring my pillow and blanket; they are so great. The bed and the sheets were here when we arrived. Our Ghanaian friends are so good to us. The curtains were picked out by some of my teammates. All the ladies have these curtains. Solid colored fabric is hard to find here, so curtains that clash with all of our sheets will have to do!

 
This is my lovely little wardrobe. It doesn't have a secret passage-way to Narnia, but it holds all my stuff. And it's a wonderful place to put lots of pictures of my wonderful friends and family. We had a lot of fun carrying these wardrobes around the gate and into our house. It was a mini-parade of silly Americans. But it was most definitely worth it.


This is my final wall to show you. It has all the fun little print-outs Liza provided in Bible Study this summer. It makes my room seem so much happier. I am so glad I have a friend who is talented in ways I am not. I am clearly benefiting greatly from it.

Then if we exit my bedroom and continue going left, we pass the staircase and wander into the kitchen. It also serves as our laundry room. We are super blessed with a washing machine. Laundry is a fun process here. Sometimes, the washing machine tries to jump off of its platform. It's a dancer.



 
As you can see, we have all of the necessities: a stove, Pringles, peanut butter, and Raid. But don't forget the most important part of the kitchen...
 

It's the coffee maker! And it comes complete with an elephant mug! I love coffee. I love elephants. Today, I purchased both of these wonderful items. Now I just need to find some coffee filters and coffee. They're coming soon.

Now we will venture upstairs. It's where my four housemates sleep. They have two bathrooms up there. And lots of other fun things. We'll look at some of these fun things.




This is our workout area. Basically, this is where we laugh a lot. We also dry laundry out on our balcony. Let's look at the view.

 
If we walk down the road in this direction, we can get to the KNUST campus and to the marketplace near our home. Both are just a few "blocks" away.
 
 
And to the left is the men's house. If we walk down the road in this direction, we can hop into a taxi or a tro-tro (a decently sketchy fifteen passenger van) and go to the stores in the Adum area.
 
We are truly blessed. Our new homes are lovely. They're way too nice and exceed our expectations. I'm expecting God to use our houses in big ways since they are such a blessing. He has some big things in store between now and July! I can't wait to share them with you.
 
Thanks for joining me for the tour! If you ever want one in-person, you know where to find me!

No comments:

Post a Comment